Online Traffic Control (Low Risk) Training
ONLINE TRAFFIC CONTROL (LOW RISK) TRAINING
The Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR) requires that every BC employer must ensure that effective traffic control is provided and used whenever traffic could be hazardous to a worker. Our basic flagging course and traffic control training certification has been developed for employers working around mobile equipment in a low to moderate risk environment.
Our online traffic control course will certify your employees to work as a traffic control person (TCP) in non-high-risk locations i.e. 30 km/hr and under vehicle speeds, such as private roads, residential areas, construction sites, parking lots and school zones. Our course will cover the following topics during this home study session.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR LOW RISK TRAFFIC CONTROL ONLINE COURSE HERE.
Course Module Outline:
WorkSafeBC OHS Regulations
Motor Vehicle Act of BC Regulations
Employer, Supervisor and TCP Responsibilities
Traffic Hand Signals
Use of Traffic Control Equipment & PPE
Use of Traffic Control Signs
Hazards of Working with/around Heavy Equipment
This online safety training course has been professionally developed to meet compliance with Sections 18.1 to 18.14 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations in BC and the Workers Compensation Act of BC.
5 Easy Steps:
- Purchase the on-line safety training course you are interested through our on-line purchasing system (click on the BUY NOW button located above on this page).
- Upon successful purchase; training materials and a final exam for your selected course will be automatically emailed to your provided email address.
- Download the forwarded PDF training material from your computer. Study the training modules and any attached information materials.
- Complete the attached final exam and email the completed exam back to us (see below for email address). ENSURE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME IS CLEARLY WRITTEN.
- We will then mark your exam and upon successful completion your certificate of completion will be forwarded to your provided email address! You will receive your online certificate of completion by email within 1 to 2 business days.
Course Completion Instructions:
- Please take your time when studying the attached modules and handouts. You will require a minimum of an 80% passing grade in order to receive your certification.
- You can complete this on-line training course at your own pace. There is no time limit as to when you must complete this course.
- When you have completed the attached final exam – please ensure your name, date and company name (if applicable) is filled out on the first page of the exam. Ensure your writing is clear and eligible.
- If for any reason you do not receive an 80% passing grade on your first try – no problem. We will advise you by email of your grade and then forward you a new exam to complete. You can write the course exam three times in efforts to achieve the passing mark.
Is it safe for customers to purchase your online safety courses directly from your website?
We take the utmost precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via our website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use Square Canada as a form of on-line payment. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll use this information to contact you. This information is used to process your orders in a secure manner, to keep you updated on your orders and to personalize your shopping experience.
Can I pay for the online safety course(s) over the phone?
Yes. Even though our online purchasing system is a very secure platform, you do have the option of paying for your course over the phone. Please email us and one of our consultants will contact you on the same day.
What forms of payment do you accept?
If you purchase your course(s) through our website purchasing platform, we can only accept credit card payment. We accept the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and JCB. We also accept credit card payments over the phone. For large groups of 10 or more we can send your business an physical invoice copy which can be paid by credit card over the phone or by a postal mailed business cheque within 15 days from the date of the invoice.
I don't have time to finish my course today, can I leave and come back to complete my course?
Yes, can you leave your course at anytime without worrying about losing your progress. The study material provided to you is in PDF digital format. We recommend you save the downloads to your PC at the time of purchase.
Upon completion of the course, can the course certificates be printed?
Yes, the certificates are created as PDF’s and can be saved or printed when the online course is completed. Once we receive your completed exam and you pass successfully, we will email you your signed certificate of completion.
What kind of computer do I need to take your online courses?
To take our courses, we recommend using the latest version of your favorite browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) on your PC or Mac computer. You will also need access to a printer, as your certificate can be printed upon successful course completion, and there are resource documents you may wish to print before you begin your course.
Do I have to take an exam at the end of the online course?
Yes. All of our courses are competency-centered, meaning that learners must complete an assessment(s) of some type (i.e. Exam) in order to demonstrate an adequate level of understanding of the topics presented throughout the course. This provides a tremendous level of due diligence which is required to ensure that reasonable precautions are taken for the safety and health of the learner. After your online purchase you will receive a PDF format of the exam which will be emailed to you. You are to hand write the exam and email the exam back to us for marking (email address is provided on the exam).
What if I fail or don't do well on the exam?
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark. We will let you know during the exam marking process if you need to retake the exam.
Do you provide group discounts for businesses?
Yes, group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more. Please email us prior to your purchase to receive your discounted price.
Do the online courses have an expiry date?
Yes, all of our online courses are valid for 2 years. You will need to retake the course after a 2 year period.
What is your refund policy?
As all of our products are digital download software, delivered instantly once payment is received, it is impossible for you to return a product to us for a refund. If during your online or over the phone purchase order, you do not receive your digital products on time by email, we will gladly refund your purchase amount in full.